Friday, September 30, 2011

World's Greatest Low-Fat Chocolate Cookies

If you know my husband you know his love of cookies, well not everyone can eat them like he can so I had to figure out a way to make them a little bit lower in fat.

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cane brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter (I use smart balance light butter), melted
1/4 cup of egg beaters
2 tablespoons applesauce (I use no sugar added applesauce)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray (I use PAM).
In one bowl mix together flours, baking soda and salt...make sure all is blended together.
In the second bowl mix together the sugars, egg beaters, butter, Vanilla extract and applesauce. Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, but only mix in 1/2 a cup of dry ingredients at a time to make sure all is incorporated and blended smoothly.
Fold in chocolate chips, I do a little bit at a time.
Then put dough on cookie sheet, I just use a tablespoon so they are all the same size, or at least try to make them all the same size. I usually try to do them 3/4 to 1 inch apart.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, then once removed from the oven let them stand on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment