Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grilled Reuben Sandwich with Low-Fat Homemade Russian Dressing

When I was pregnant all I ever wanted was a big ole Reuben sandwich, but I knew that after having Hunter I wasn't going to be able to eat that. So I converted the traditional Reuben to a healthier and lower fat sandwich with homemade low-fat Russian dressing.

For the Russian dressing:

1/3 reduced fat mayonnaise
2 1/2 tablespoons Chili sauce
2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together and let sit in the fridge for an hour or so.

For the Reuben:
(this makes 2 sandwiches, of course you can vary how much or how little you use)

1/2 pound of mixed turkey pastrami and pastrami (I use Boar's Head)
4 to 6 slices of Swiss cheese (I use Boar's Head reduced fat)
4 slices Jewish rye bread
1 cup of sauerkraut
brown spicy mustard

I use cooking spray in the skillet, but you are welcome to use butter if you like. Then just build your sandwich with Russian dressing on one side of the bread and the sandwich ingredients!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment