Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best Breakfast Casserole

My mom always made this on Christmas morning...so I decided to carry on the tradition this year!

1/2 of a baguette, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces (it is better if you use a day or 2 old)
1 pound Velveeta, cubed (I use 2% skim milk velveeta)
2 cups cooked ham (I like it shaved, just ask the deli department and they will do it for you)
1 stick butter, melted (I use smart balance butter)
6 eggs (I use egg beaters, so it equates to 1 1/2 cup of egg beaters)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 quart milk (I use non-fat milk)

Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with PAM.

Place the cubed bread into the greased casserole dish, then spread the cubed cheese over the bread, then put the shaved ham over the cheese and then pour the melted butter over the ham.

In a bowl beat eggs, mustard, salt, pepper and milk together. Then pour over the casserole.

Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours (I do mine over night).

Then bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour!

Enjoy!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment