Sunday, September 16, 2012

Zucchini Muffins and/or Bread

I had to find a great recipe for Zucchini muffins/bread...to make sure that my son Hunter will get some veggies disguised in a tasty treat!  So of course my mother-in-law had the best recipe and I just tweaked it a little bit to make it low-fat.

3 eggs (I used 3/4 cup of egg beaters)
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of Wesson oil (I used 1 cup of applesauce)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 cups of all-purpose flour
3 cups of grated Zucchini

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Grease your muffin pans and/or bread pans, I did 12 muffins and 2 loaves of bread.

In 1 bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and then set aside.

In the 2nd bowl stir together eggs, oil or applesauce, sugar, vanilla and zucchini - mix together well and then add all of the dry ingredients, stir all together - really well.

Then fill your muffin and/or bread pans 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.  You need to leave room for them to rise.

Then bake for about 25-40 minutes - depends on where you live.  Just do the toothpick test before removing from the oven...meaning stick a toothpick in the middle and if nothing comes out then the bread is set.

Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment