Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Turkey Chili Taco Soup

2 pounds ground turkey (use lean)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1-10 ounce can of Rotel (I use original)
1-15 ounce can corn (I use low sodium)
1-15 ounce can of kidney beans, washed and drained
1-8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1-16 ounce can of fat free refried beans (I use vegetarian ones)
1 packet of taco seasoning (I use the low sodium)
2 cups of chicken broth (I used the low sodium)

In a large pot cook the ground turkey, break up as it cooks.  Once it is cooked add the onions and red bell pepper.  and then let that cook for about 5 minutes.  Then add the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, beans (both kidney and refried), chicken broth and the taco seasoning.  Bring to a boil and let is simmer on low-medium for about 15-20 minutes.

Once it is cooked you can top with any of your favorite chili toppings....shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, jalapeƱos, etc.....

Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment